Thread: WOW! The Jouster Forum Lives On!

Default WOW! The Jouster Forum Lives On!

Haven't been here in a long time, glad to see the forum still here. I'm considering selling a couple fine M1 Rifles, but Scott Duff is no longer handling them. These are that kind of quality. Where does one go now to fetch market prices? I put one of them on AR15.com at a reasonable price (for what it is) and got lambasted by people who clearly do not understand M1 rifles. Should have known better I suppose.

Hey guys, get 'em out and shoot 'em!

Hunter
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton

"Fat people make lousy revolutionaries" - Me

Blog Entries

Hunter, for collector level rifles, outside of an auction house, I've had phenomenal luck with GunsInternational.Com. Flat $12 list fee, 15 high resolution images, and very easy interface.

What are you selling?

Best of luck.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Blog Entries

I sold 3 SA and one winchester for top dollar on Gunbroker a couple year ago,

do up a data sheet and list every attribute in the item listing, and let what you want to get as a start price, (no reserves)

or do the same and put it in the trader at Gunboards or CMP forum,

AR15.com folks know AR's,, the rest they tend to struggle with (been a member since 2004)

Try posting on here for sale at your asking price, I’ve sold a couple right here although they were 1903s.

5. Default

Might want to consider Pre98.com. Scotty Benedict has gotten me some prices I would never have considered possible on a couple of WWII shotguns. I had offered at least one of them here and gotten no traction at all. I don't know what his current consignment rate is, but when he sold guns for me I thought it was perfectly reasonable, particularly in light of the price they brought.

Hey Gents, thank you for the replies. I've got a stunning CMP IHC M1 rifle, I received in 1997 ($310) and a CMP Greek Return Collector grade 5.8 SA that's as new an M1 rifle that I've ever had in my hands. Put them on AR15.com once and the replies I received demonstrated clearly why one doesn't offer collector M1 Rifles on AR15.com.....
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton

"Fat people make lousy revolutionaries" - Me