Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korean garands

I wonder if AR mfgrs would argue against M1 Carbine imports as hurting American jobs. MA has their silly ammo laws because local sellers wanted government help competing against internet sales originating outside of the Commonwealth. One man's example of government overreach is another man's common-sense rule.

This is what caused the Hazmat fees for powder and primers. Too many dealers thought they were loosing revenue from sales from catalogs so they petitioned UPS to start it. UPS tried it not sure if it would be worth while and found out it was a gold mine for them. The rest is history. Powders and primers are in general are still cheaper on line but the hazmat fees put a big hurt on it. Oh by the way all of this started out of southeastern MA.

I vaguely remember that the denied permit covered something like 80,000 M1 rifles, but a much larger no. of M1 carbines.[/QUOTE]

It was just the M1 Garands that were first being allowed in by the Hilda Beast but then the core of the O'bama anti-gun groups cried and he then ordered the beast to revoke the permit. It was my understanding that funds had been transferred for some of this but the Koreans have kept it saying your down payment is now ours as you did not complete the deal. The 600,000 carbines were never part of the deal and they were never going to be allowed in under O'bama as they took a 15 round or greater magazine. Pure anti-gun thinking.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    The 600,000 carbines were never part of the deal and they were never going to be allowed in under O'bama as they took a 15 round or greater magazine. Pure anti-gun thinking.
    Of course, but I believe that too was a restriction based not on any specific law that banned them (and would be difficult to change in Congress), but merely on a bureaucratic regulation that could be repealed as easily as it was enacted.