Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default 1885 officers 45/70?

Got this one also at the auction.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Congratulations! No questions needed on that one.

3. Default

Would this be a 1875 type 3 with the 1885 stamped on the stock?

- - - Updated - - -

Also does this one have any significant value?

Yeah - one of the last 100 made, easily ID'd by cartouche and tip profile.

You're kidding, right? Several thousand dollars, as in at least 15K unless something is sorely amiss that I do not see.

From your question, even being aware that "significant" means different things to different people, I probably don't want to know what it went for! Must have hammered really "cheap", unless you are one of those lucky few who can drop Benjamins like gum-wrappers, or, the auctioneer made a huge mistake, which they try VERY hard not to do. Maybe he thought it was an H&R or Pedersoli replica?

5. Default

Would you believe me if I told you I got it for $550. Where’s the best place for me to sell it?

www.gunbroker.com

I have no particular reason not to believe you, but that's the strangest auction I ever heard of. Big collector had NO idea what he had? No notes to family? Auctioneer did NO research?
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 02-24-2019 at 07:29.

Two things I do not see a tang sight on the stock behind the receiver? is there a base or recess in the stock second if you full cock the hammer and push forward on the trigger does it click into the set position and let off with slight pressure? No doubt you made the buy of the year. Well done.

From the low angle of the photo, i"m not sure you could see it, if it was up. Note the Rocky Mountain front.

Dick, I did notice the front sight and it looks like the blade might be part of a silver coin. That's why I wondered if the tang sight may have been removed.