Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad News ~ Da Gimp has passed :^(

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I will miss George a lot. Not only a man of great character and dignity but a lot of fun the couple of times I got to visit with him on the phone. I know he'll walk with God.
    Concur 100% on that. He was a well rounded individual on an even keel no matter the debate. When it came to baseball the first call I got on the night the Cubs won the World Series was from George. (An avid KC Royals fan) Said he was returning my courtesy call from the previous year but he was too happy for it to be just a formality.

Health-wise he was a fighter for years. Always chipper in attitude but was physically unable at times to participate. Never did find a window of opportunity for that hunting trip we discussed. (T. Ford, Bob the Beagle Master, Da Gimp, and myself)
    About 5 years ago while in St. Louis, T.Ford suggested we drive over and drag him out of his house to a ball game. We almost had enough beer in us to make the effort, but a phone call sufficed when cooler heads prevailed.

There are a lot of things about George that will always trigger fond memories. That's a lot to say about an 'internet buddy' but it's a testament to the mans character.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

2. Default

Rest in Peace.

A first class guy and brother.

See you on the other side.

KTK

4. Default

So sorry to hear that, RIP.

Adios, Amigo...
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Thank you for letting us know. He will be missed

7. Default

sorry to read this. since I first started on the old boards a lot of the old timers have gone.may his journey to the halls of his ancestors be as fast and as straight as an arrow in flight.

Rest in peace, Gimp.

Sad to hear RIP

Rest well Gimp. Thanks to JB and RED for the info.