Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun show

I have been to shows with a couple dozen tables, and the big show in Tulsa a few times. I have found some deals at each, but it is rarity. I *try* to tell myself this ahead of time and will meander through one about yearly nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Local shop's don't have much in reloading gear and ask too much for what they have. I buy online and in bulk, just got in 48lbs of surplus WC844 for half the price of canned H335. I can't understand these guys who only buy a lb of powder and 100 primers expecting to save on reloading cost.
    Sam
    Sir, May I ask your source of powder? I have bought from Jeff Bartlett before and was always pleased in our dealings.
    Sincerely, Tommy
    Last edited by M1Tommy; 08-07-2018 at 11:02. Reason: changed stuff.......

The thing(like most things) is to plan it out some. Have a shopping list. Stick to the list. Otherwise you get numbed looking at all the various tables.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

I set up at shows in 3 different cities,
    and sometimes at a 4th,

I sell firearms almost exclusively at shows, (accessories etc from estates usually do better on ebay or gunbroker,, and I have most of my inventory on my website as well as gunbroker)

usually do well, but then again I don't sell new, so no price cutting low balling competition like the glock sellers,

I get a kick out of threads like this on various forums, having spent a good portion of my life behind the tables vs walking the aisles, (customers can be very amusing)

and yes, the only person getting rich is the promoter,

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I haven't been to a gun show in years.
    I've found most of them have turned into "KNIFES and MAYBE gun show with jerky and lots of other BS"
    I can buy almost anything at retail cheaper then I can at a gun show....or private party.
    Just picked up a Ruger 44 carbine rifle with scope, 1971 vintage that is MINT for 5 bills... it was a private party....
    I haven't even gotten around to shooting it and now I have heart troubles and NOT long to go.....SO...I am selling all my stuff to make it easier for my soon to be widow!!!
    Something to think about!!