Default Ordering powder.

Talked to Jeff Bartlett today about his WC-844 and 846 surplus. I am in need of powder and with shipping it is about half of what I had paid before elsewhere. I ordered 48 lbs of WC-844 to use in my Mini and hopefully more in the near future.
    Sam

If you use 25 grs. per round that is over 13,000 rounds. That will wipe out the bore on your mini for sure but what away to go. lol

48 lbs! Storage strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    48 lbs! Storage strategy?
    Magazine.
    Sam

48 pounds(336,000 grains) probably doesn't need an actual powder magazine. Your local ordinances will tell you for sure. A steel storage cabinet, parked inside, not in a garage or out building, will do.
    The idlest of curiosity wants to know what the hazmat fee was on 48 pounds of powder.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    48 pounds(336,000 grains) probably doesn't need an actual powder magazine. Your local ordinances will tell you for sure. A steel storage cabinet, parked inside, not in a garage or out building, will do.
    The idlest of curiosity wants to know what the hazmat fee was on 48 pounds of powder.
    I believe the fee is per shipment, not by volume.
    I have noticed, at different times, when I order my usual box containing two 8 lb kegs, the hasmat fee has been the same as for specialty powder that I order in one lb cans. Quite a saving buying more at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    $13.37 per pound delivered or a nickel per round. Haz mat on a full case was $15.00
    Sam

Jeff packed the powder in white plastic gallon containers, inside a sturdy cardboard box, 6 boxes to a master case. This adds to the 8 lbs of BLC-2 stock or about 15,000 rds of 5.56.
    Sam

Not messing around Sam. That’s a lot of powder throws, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Not messing around Sam. That’s a lot of powder throws, enjoy.
    After this remodeling is done and the greenhouse started I will have something to do this fall and winter, got another 2,500 5.56 cases on the way and another 5,000 on order. Not to mention the 1,000 pounds of lead to play with and more to pick up.
    Sam