Default Hornady customer service

Called a couple of weeks ago to order a replacement pan for my 50 year old "Pacific" scale, was told no parts available. Figured that I would need to order a new scale and advised the lady that Graff's was out and that I ordered ONLY from Graff. She said that she would see what she could do, today got a replacement pan that fit the wire on my scale perfectly...just one problem. When I tried to set zero as usual it would not, wasn't close. It wasn't a problem to use the adjustment on the balance bar as the replacement pan was much lighter then the original. Will check the actual accuracy against known weights and my electronic scale.
    Sam

leftyo Guest

ive only ever called their CS one time, and had a good experience.

Look on Ebay i have pacific reloading tools sometimes you can find cheap pacific parts or the whole scale cheap.I just picked up a trimmer for $10.00 not to long ago.

For some reason those little pans are expensive for what you get regardless of brand.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    the replacement pan was much lighter then the original.
    If the pan is made of steel could you cut a rubber refrigerator magnet as needed for weight and attach it under the bottom of the pan? If not steel then glue something under the bottom? Kinda a red neck way of doing things but it may buy you some time till you find what you need.

To permanently add some extra weight, apply some epoxy to the bottom of the pan. It doesn’t usually require much weight. Add or remove the epoxy while it’s still soft until you achieve balance. To fine tune the balance, let the epoxy harden and then either add more or file off the excess until the balance can be calibrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    To permanently add some extra weight, apply some epoxy to the bottom of the pan. It doesn’t usually require much weight. Add or remove the epoxy while it’s still soft until you achieve balance. To fine tune the balance, let the epoxy harden and then either add more or file off the excess until the balance can be calibrated.

+1