Thread: Forager

Default Forager

what is a forager in good shape worth?

Thanks,

Mark
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

Mark, From what I have seen. Junk at 1250 and very very nice at 3000. On line searches for SOLD items average 2000. Hope this helps. Tom

I've never seen a very very nice Forager.

Johnathan peck collection. April 28-29 2002. Item 28 4500.00. Serial number 978. As near new as possible. An auction I really thought I would see you at Dick.

I was able to get 2700 for my serial number 9 Forager. It was complete but in well used and weathered condition.
    The low number made it possible to get that for it.
    Last edited by Fred; 05-15-2018 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    Johnathan peck collection. April 28-29 2002. Item 28 4500.00. Serial number 978. As near new as possible. An auction I really thought I would see you at Dick.
    Would love to meet you some day, but I don't do auctions.

"but I don't do auctions"

Neither do I but there was no way I was going to miss that one, Tom and I had a time drooling over all the stuff
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

Scuttlebutt had it that Peck's stuff was real eye candy, but that some pieces may have been 'helped' a bit. Do not know it that was sour grapes or at least partly true.

Apparently he was a late-comer to Springfields, being of the Colt/Winchester generation.

FWIW: The U.S. "Ordnance Supply Manual - 1904" has some interesting references to the application of the Springfield carbine with Multiball 'guard cartridges' for guarding prisoners. The 20 gauge Springfield shotgun is also mentioned.
    ordnancesupply-01.jpgordnancesupply-590.jpgordnancesupply-594.jpgordnancesupply-shotgun.jpg
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 05-18-2018 at 11:27.

More of the 1904 reference touching on Shotguns and 'Springfield Shotgun 20 gauge':

ordnancesupply-604.jpgordnancesupply-605.jpgordnancesupply-606.jpg
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 05-18-2018 at 11:19.