Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A3 2 groove barrels

Which process was used, hook or broach?

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here.

Other than the 1917...In regards to the A3 2 groove barrels only made during WW2 for the A3's? The 03's were only 5 groove?
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-15-2018 at 12:41.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

2 groove barrels were also made as replacement barrels for the M1917 Enfield. The1903 replacement barrels were 4 groove I believe. I'm not sure of the rifling method.

From memory, (dangerous).
    '03 barrels were 4 groove until WW11, then SA and Remington went to 2 groove. The only 5 groove were on original '17s.
    I'll bet rifling type is stated in Brophy or Hatcher, but I am away from them now.

Springfield made only 4-groove barrels; Remington and (in very small quantities) Smith-Corona made 2-groove barrels. No military rifle manufacturer made 5-groove barrels in WWII.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I have a 4,024 Rem A3... with a 2 groove barrel.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

That would be right ...
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

approximately 4.2 million Remington's in a two year stretch is not a small quantity to me.
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-17-2018 at 04:07.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    approximately 4.2 million Remington's in a two year stretch is not a small quantity to me.
    Math much?

from 1942 to 1944....

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/190...rial-no-table/
    http://www.vishooter.net/RA3.txt

what math are you talking about? Here's the numbers.
    Last edited by milboltnut; 03-17-2018 at 07:54.

Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    Your math is a little off.

Remington started at S/N 3,000,000 and 100,000 of those numbers were set aside for Smith-Corona.

J.B.