Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retirement Homes

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I used to work with a guy who bought the newest car, snowmobile, boat, motorcycle, etc.
    I'd say to him aren't you going to save anything for your retirement?
    he'd say "the only difference between me and you and when we are in the nursing home you will be paying $6200 a month for care and I'll be on Minnesota Care and they will ROLL US OVER once a day at the same time!"
    Last edited by Former Cav; 11-10-2017 at 06:46.

My advice would be to look at places far outside the Philadelphia area... Phila, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, and Chester counties are about the most expensive in the state.
    My 92 YO mother is in an assisted living in I think its Whitehall Pa. Same deal. 3 levels of care. independent, assisted, and total care. I think we are paying just under $2800k a month. The care is superb, and the staff is wonderful.
    Last edited by PaFrank; 11-02-2017 at 02:42.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post
    I think we are paying just under $2800k a month. The care is superb, and the staff is wonderful.
    It had better be the best care in the galaxy for two million, eight hundred thousand a month!

Joking. I know what you meant
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    This is Gold plated extended care. You can thank, well, I don't know exactly who, but it's pretty nice albiet expensive. I don't have that kind of money. Chances are I'll be walking out to the shop and fall over, flop around in the dirt a while and crook.
    That's the good scenario. I hope to hell I don't end up attached to a tube for any period of time. My beautiful neighbors husband walked into the house, sat down in the Lazy-Boy and died. I'd pay good money for that.
    How much? [big grin]
    Sam

When I go, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my uncle did. Not kicking and screaming like the other people in his car.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**