Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is the difference between "tracer" rounds and "incendiary" rounds.

Two entirely different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by High Plaines Doug r View Post
    This is the difference between "tracer" rounds and "incendiary" rounds.

Two entirely different purposes.
    Agreed. Regardless of which would be used, without the right mix nothing would happen. Even an armor piercing incendiary round would enter the tank and not ignite the liquid. (Provided that the tank was the floating roof type)
    There should also be a dike around each tank, which would keep the spilled fuel contained. I would also guess that there is a fire suppression system in place in the tank farm which probably includes fixed position monitors (nozzle on a pipe) and large quantities of foam.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Actually he was playing keno before hand and those were his numbers.

I think the fact ISIS claimed this shooting is a very significant bit of information. As I said in an earlier post, even the liberal National Public Radio (NPR) has reported they cannot find a single instance where ISIS has claimed credit for a incident where they had no part in either influencing or aiding in the act.

Red it wouldn't be the first time those guys tried to use our freedoms against us.

Blog Entries

Didn't ISIS claim responsibility for the 2017 hurricane season?

"...impossible to light a tank of jet fuel with gunfire..." Yep, but doable with the right ammo. Tracers do not start fires. Needs incendiaries, not APT. APTI would do it though. S'what it's made for.
    Fox News isn't exactly a bastion of reality either. Nothing like a bit of fairy tale BS to increased viewership.
    "...371 yards away..." More like 900 plus. The nutcase was 32 stories up and supposedly 390 or so yards from the concert. Based solely on that, the nut case's distance to the concert was about 504 yards. Right angle triangle geometry that confused us all in high school.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I've spent more than one day on a machinegun range watching blackhawks dump water on a fire started by tracers.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSudz View Post
    I've spent more than one day on a machinegun range watching blackhawks dump water on a fire started by tracers.
    Indeed they can start fires -- but not by being fired into a vat of jet fuel.

leftyo Guest

tracers are good at starting grass fires, but in wwI they couldnt even ignite the hydrogen in the german derigibles.