Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 and M6 combo

1. Default M3 and M6 combo

Yes I know the hanger has been cut off , but budget dictated a sacrafice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jeremy69-Nice! Nice! Nice! I have yet to get my hands on a dated Utica. You have an excellent example plus a great M6. Don't worry about the belt hook being removed, very common. Thanks for showing! SKIP

3. Default

you have to love the blade dated M3's.. I wish I had kept mine.

I'm with Kurtflys. Any dated is great! A Utica in that condition is about as rare as you can get. I have a dated, Imperial, Case, and RCC. All used, but not abused. It took me about 3 years to get a dealer friend to come down on the RCC to a point I could afford. SKIP

5. Default Thanks

The grip looks very nice to me, any thought as to it being replaced? how about the scabbard? legit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jeremy69-Handle and scabbard are legit. Scabbard is a rarer version. You have a great knife. SKIP

7. Default

Thanks for all of the input..

Very nice example.

The cutt off top was a common field modiifcation so you could strap the knife to your ankle or calf. Rumor has it that it indicates paratrooper use. I have had one cut the same way and value it less then uncut but still think it is worth a lot more then an M8 scabbard.

DRB is correct about the modification. If you ever tried to carry a knife or bayonet w/ belt hooks strapped to your leg you'd see why. The hook snags on every stick, small branch or brush your leg gets near. Very aggravating. I don't blame the guys for cutting them off. SKIP