Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    No problem, if in doubt roll them across a flight surface with the palm of your hand to check them. @ 21 feet you just need minute of chest, about 6 inches will do nicely.
    Sam
    P.S. I would be more concerned with reloaded brass in a Glock with the original tube.
    I will re-size the brass. I have no way of knowing the source of the brass that was used on this ammo initially. It is of various manufacture, mostly Winchester. I have heard of the "Glock bulge".

2. Default

You know... for 9mm you might as well use Winchester White Box off the shelf, I'm not at all sure I can load that cartridge for less, unless I went the cast bullet route.

leftyo Guest

with plated bullets and pickup brass, you can reload 9mm for right about half what winchester white box will cost you.

Winchester white box is not cheap when compared to other name brand ammo like PPU, Armscor, S&B and others. I have used many pulled 9mm bullets over the years and have never had a problem with them loading or firing. All were fine.

5. Default

I did the math on this too - WWBs were .27 each one place I looked, and some back-of-the-envelope costs for reloading plated projectiles and pick up brass came out to about .17 or so. So you can call it roughly half price, discounting your time. I like reloading, so that's recreational time for me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1-12 INF (M) View Post
    You know... for 9mm you might as well use Winchester White Box off the shelf, I'm not at all sure I can load that cartridge for less, unless I went the cast bullet route.
    I recently bought 115gr FMJ 9mm for 21 and 22 cents a round (Blazer Brass & S&B) delivered to my house. It's not so much about the price as it is not wanting the components I have to go waste. I enjoy loading my own ammo when time permits. There's something satisfying about making and firing your own. I'm not sure how much it costs to put together 9mm but I know I already paid for this pull down ammo and have all the tools I need, so I might as well change the powder and see how it shoots.