1. Default Interesting shotgun

I found this interesting old shotgun while surfing through some Gunbroker listings. If you look at the pictures, especially how the heatshield/adapter is mounted to the barrel, this is not your ordinary run of the mill "slap a heat shield on a riot gun and let's call it a trenchgun", it appears to be carefully fitted to the barrel and the mag tube. Plus the sling swivel on the buttstock is correctly inletted as you would see on a military Stevens, yet the buttplate is marked WWF and looks like it belongs there. Now I know there was "War Expediency", but the seller is careful to NOT claim this is US military...I wonder if these were made up for the PD market post war? If someone humped this up to take advantage of the current market for military trenchguns, the sum of the parts and condition vs. selling price indicates it wasn't very profitable.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/633437450

Just thought I would share. Looks like a cool piece.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

2. Default

Stevens did use Western Field Model 30 receivers to make some of the Government contract shotguns. The ones I've seen usually have a "US" mark on the side of the receiver under the company name. I don't see that mark on this gun. But whether it's a Military contract shotgun, a procurement shotgun, or a commercial shotgun, it's been refinished (parkerized). And it looks like it has a Winchester bayonet adaptor on it. I would think if it was a factory original gun it would have a Stevens adaptor.

3. Default

The adapter is a repro - no rivets.

There goes the story.

4. Default

The serial is 82xxx so it's circa 1946-47 production by my records. Like many of the post war store brand 520As it has the reproof "P" stamps on the barrel and receiver, so probably made from WWII surplus. Agree with all above, someone's recent creation.
    Last edited by Keydet92; 04-14-2017 at 02:08.
    James,
    I'm a collector and researcher of Stevens 520/620 shotguns.

5. Default

This was a much better deal on a bogus Stevens trench gun. Made out of a pre-war gun.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/635681675
    James,
    I'm a collector and researcher of Stevens 520/620 shotguns.