Default Photo Posting Test

Also picked up a nice Model 1861 U.S. Percussion Rifle Musket – Miller Conversion to Breech Loading w/ 1864 lock-plate date. I tried earlier to post some picture but for whatever reason it didn't work so will try it again (even though it isn't a true "Trapdoor").

DSC_0234.jpgDSC_0235.jpgDSC_0244.jpg

Rick

Nice piece, I never branched out quite that far, stuck with guns made at SA. Scary looking action, though - just doesn't look like it would stay closed upon discharge - makes the TD look good by comparison!

Really interesting and Neat! Thanks for sharing!

4. Default

Is the SN on the block higher than 2500? I'm searching for the highest to see how many were made.

Serial no. on the block is 1780. What is the highest number you have encountered?

6. Default

2240, in 50 years of looking.

Ed, while we're on the subject of serial-numbered TD cousins, which in your experience, is the more common Joslyn - RF (with matching numbers) or the CF mod with mixed numbers? Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Edatbeach View Post
    2240, in 50 years of looking.
    Ed:

Here a photo of the block serial number FYI.Action Interior II.jpg

9. Default

Rickhill, Crisp gun! Thx.

Dick, The Springfield-Joslyn in RF seems slightly more common in my experience; they were guns in storage at scattered arsenals and depots when SA altered those stored in the Springfield Arsenal. All the CF version then went to France, but some found their way back here - and I have not seen any "mint" CF one.