Thread: S&B Brass

1. Default S&B Brass

I've got some S&B 9mm ammo ordered. Has anyone reloaded S&B brass in this caliber? Should I bother to save it or not?

Have not loaded 9mm. The .45 ACP has been good ammo and good brass. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I can't comment on the pistol brass but a number of rifle cases such as the 7.62x54, 303 and some others have shallow primer pockets. This includes the Winchester brass made by S&B too. The pockets have to be cut out to make the brass useable. Once that is done the brass seems to be fine. But if I have a choice between S&B and PPU it's PPU all the way.
    Last edited by Tuna; 01-20-2017 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I can't comment on the pistol brass but a number of rifle cases such as the 7.62x54, 303 and some others have shallow primer pockets. This includes the Winchester brass made by S&B too. The pockets have to be cut out to make the brass useable. Once that is done the brass seems to be fine. But if I have a choice between S&B and PPU it's PPU all the way.
    I have noticed this as well. One out of three or four S&B cases have this problem in my experience, so no auto loaders!!! For some reason bullets don't always seat well in S&B brass for me either. The loaded ammo is high quality, the brass has issues. Once I use up the S&B I have on hand I doubt I'll buy any more in calibers I reload for.
    Last edited by Art; 01-20-2017 at 05:30.

S&B .45 ACP is great brass. No reason the 9mm shouldn't be.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I've used it because a fellow range buddy bought a bunch of it. I actually get a bunch of once fired 9mm range brass. As tuna already mentioned I have not seen the issues I see in rifle brass. I'm using Winchester primers in the pistol brass so. Aye they work together. If is S And B rifle brass I have to true primer pockets and flash hole, no if and or buts. At least I have to do it once.

7. Default

I have the RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center. I usually run all my cases through it initially to get uniform primer pockets so that shouldn't be an issue. If the case strength itself is not an issue, I'll try reloading some of this brass after working the primer pockets. If I don't see any high primers they should be OK. I will be using this ammo in a S&W M&P Shield, and probably a Glock 17 for practice.