Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R F Sedgley

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post

...an archive in Phily has got the following Philadelphia Evening Bulletin articles about Sedgley.AlanD
    Which archive has these papers, and do you know if they have issues between about 1900 and 1919? I assume they are not available online, or it wouldn't be necessary to resort to the antiquated process of photocopying. (Though I remember WELL when a Zerox machine was the very pinnacle of modern technology!) I've found that very few Philly papers are available online, which reinforces my negative opinion of that backward city.

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Which archive has these papers, and do you know if they have issues between about 1900 and 1919? I assume they are not available online, or it wouldn't be necessary to resort to the antiquated process of photocopying. (Though I remember WELL when a Zerox machine was the very pinnacle of modern technology!) I've found that very few Philly papers are available online, which reinforces my negative opinion of that backward city.
    Clarence, I'm pretty sure I know where these are located. I will send you their contact info. Unforunatley no, most of this stuff isn't available online. But I can tell you about how to have them pull it. I will send you a email sir.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    relics6165. Do you know which issue of Precision Shooter the article on Sedgley appeared in, as I would like to get a copy?

Regards

AlanD
    AlanD:

Michasl Petrov's Sedgley article was in the June 1999 issue of Precision Shooting and was titled R.F. Sedgley. It was mostly about Sedgley's forays into the semi custom 1903 Springfields (his rifles were often referred to as poor man's Griffin and Howe)and other custom rifles, not a lot on the military side as I recall. What was military was mostly US.

HTH

Thanks for the issue details.
    cplnorton, you have a PM from me.

Regards

AlanD
    Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
    Your rifle's Sedgley 9-44 dated barrel was delivered on a contract from the U.S. Army Ordnance Dept. Sedgley still had barrel tooling left over from their USMC contracts.

J.B.
    Thank you J.B.
    Regards,
    CC