Thread: P38 CYQ (Spreewerke)

Default P38 CYQ (Spreewerke)

My uncle's wife's father passed away recently. A WWII army vet in the ETO, he brought back a CYQ P38 in very nice condition except the barrel is not matched to the rest of the piece. The S/N of the frame and slide is 2891m and the barrel is 963e. The finish on all parts completely matches and fits as if it were original to the pistol. From what I've been able to research, this was built in February, 1944. Oddly, the pistol is in a FR&K VOEGELS KOLN-DEUTZ Dated 1936 brown Luger holster. The "rig" is as it was brought back but any paperwork is lost. The wife is interested in selling. Estimating values for matching pistols is fairly easy but I'm a bit stumped when estimating a mismatch. From the little I have found, $600-$700 seems to be the norm though it seems a bit high to me. Any guesses?

Also, he brought back a dagger. It is an RZM SA dagger M7/13. Going price seems to be in the $500-$600 range. I have no idea as to value as I've never had an interest in these and this dollar figure is from internet research.

The family members don't seem to want these items but there may be one that is interested and if that's the case, she will just give them to him. I have been encouraging her to do her best to keep them in the family.

TIA,
    VG

For a mismatched CYQ, that sounds pretty high to me. A mismatch on such a common WWII pistol normally knocks the wind out of the sails to the tune of 33-50% of the value. It sounds like the holster could be nearly as valuable as the pistol...perhaps $350-400 ea.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

Thanks, Scott

Take a look at Whittmans Antique Militaria for German edged weaponry.
    Last edited by JimF; 01-09-2017 at 01:31.