Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was lucky, altho stationed in a "combat zone" we never saw any combat so I can not rate it as a 'weapon'. Stood guard with it, were supposed to carry it off base, but never did. I was about 20-30 miles south of DMZ at the time. I drove to Soaul Hq. (sp.?) most every day as courier, carried a .45. I own 3 now, for my small US military collection. Like shooting them, at my age M1's are getting too heavy and recoil too much!
    You can never go home again.

Well thank you for your frank opinion Dave. I’ve got a couple of carbines but they only get shot under range conditions. Even here carbines are getting expensive. Hence my interest in their bayonets as I can’t afford to add more carbines to my small collection. I guess it is just coincidence that my favourite firearm is the M1 Carbine and favourite knife the M3. The M4 bayonet is the natural bridge between the two.
    Is it not better to place a question mark upon a problem while seeking an answer than to put the label `God` there and consider the matter closed? Joseph Lewis

We, I, was never issued a bayo for the carbine in Korea. Never had any training on how to use it on the end of a gun anyway, so it would not have done any good! I was in the AF, we were not supposed to fight, we were 'technicians'. He,he,he!
    You can never go home again.