Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always amazed.

Hmmmm Someone is playing with Krags. Nice looking cutoff sporter there. Are you building another sporter with the barreled action in the vice?
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    Hmmmm Someone is playing with Krags. Nice looking cutoff sporter there. Are you building another sporter with the barreled action in the vice?
    Always playing with and more shooting the Krags. Just mounting a sight on the one in the vise. I have one of those Macon do it yourself inletting stocks on the rack. Just another almost carbine to keep me occupied.

I love my Krags... hands down my favorite to shoot... AND compete with!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I love my Krags... hands down my favorite to shoot... AND compete with!
    Ever shoot one with a bob tailed bolt. I think this might have been one of Bannerman"s delights. Not my favorite, but the price was right when I picked her up years ago.

http://

Nope.... never seen that before. Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would want to remove the cocking piece, unless it's to make it look more modern. Nice looking work though! Even sporterized, Krags are a dream to shoot!

Nope.... never seen that before. Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would want to remove the cocking piece, unless it's to make it look more modern. Nice looking work though! Even sporterized, Krags are a dream to shoot!
    Once upon a time, some of the target boys seems to think that mod improved lock time, which helps the off hand shooter in competitions. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me on an almost carbine with buckhorn sight.

Dang nice shop !!!!

"Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory,
    nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds,
    yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored."