Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I used a LOT of LC brass that I watched go through an M60 at the range, while stationed at Malmstrom AFB back in the early 70's. Reamed the primer pockets, and trimmed with a Wilson trimmer, sized it with a set of RCBS small base dies so I could use the stuff in my early Browning BLR. Don't recall that I ever had a single case failure of any sort with that brass.
    Darreld Walton, Nor have I have experienced problems with LC brass that has been fired in a machine gun. I am the fan of measuring before sizing and again after sizing. And then there is measuring the diameter of the case before firing, after firing and again after sizing. I have never been a fan of sizing a case three time between firing and full length sizing, in my opinion that would be too much work on the case.

If I am going to work that hard I will form 30/06 cases to 308 W. There is an advantage to using 30/06 cases. There are 308 W chambers that are generous. When tightening the case neck in the chamber it is not possible to make the 308 W case neck thicker, again when that happens I use 30/06 cases.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 12-16-2016 at 12:39.

2. Default

Ed, if you do not know just say you do not know. This is a reloading forum, I can not believe reloaders do not know what happens when the case is sized. Can you move the shoulder when you size a case. And if you are happy why are you so angry?

F. Guffey

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Ed, if you do not know just say you do not know. This is a reloading forum, I can not believe reloaders do not know what happens when the case is sized. Can you move the shoulder when you size a case. And if you are happy why are you so angry?

F. Guffey
    F.Guffey get this through your thick head, when people see one of your postings they grown. All your postings are you slapping yourself on the back and assuming that "YOU" are the only one who knows how to resize a cartridge case.

Its simple, you "BUMP" the shoulder back a few thousandths shorter than your chamber using a gauge like the Hornady cartridge case headspace gauge.

Below my hand, my gauge and my fired case being measured.

And below your dies are adjustable up and down to get the proper shoulder bump or shoulder set back.

So what makes you think out of over 7 billion people on this earth you are the only one who knows how to resize a cartridge case...............Unbelievable!

On top of this at AccurateShooter.com "YOU" F. Guffey were making fun of this website and said it was dead. So what are you doing in a dead website when you could go Accurate Shooter or Benchrest Central and spread all your BS among the people laughing at you with every post you make.F.Guffey I know the size of my chamber and the size of my resized cases, and you are a complete idiot.

Below are your antics in a posting the OP was pushing the shoulder back too far even with Redding competition shell holders. (.005 too much even with the +.010 shell holder) And it degenerates into you F.Guffey trashing the posting with your insane garbage rants.

Redding competition shellholder
    http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thr...older.3914713/
    Last edited by bigedp51; 12-17-2016 at 09:52.

bigedp51 ...........

Thanks for your post. I am glad that someone who has the vocabulary and ability to express their sentiments (and mine) concerning the BS that is posted in here sometimes. Thank you, Thank you ... and Merry Christmas from Dixie..

I have an extra FEELER GAUGE if you need one !!!!!!!!! LOL not at you..........

john
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 12-17-2016 at 06:06. Reason: add word
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

5. Default

And Ed, that is Ok, growning could be healthy, growning could be a sign of ignorance; those that are gowning simply do not know. I understand your frustration with datums. When I signed onto this reloading forum the total amount of working knowledge about the datum could be summed up by saying it was a line and its location was found with an arrow pointing at it. The line was identified as 'the datum line'; and that was it.

I was at a gun show; there were 5 gun enthuses at one table, 1 dealer and 4 shoppers; only 1 of the shoppers knew what a datum was, what it looked like and how to use it. When I am on a gun forum nothing changes; except when gun enthuses are on the Internet they become socially dysfunctional.

Again, I will assume you do not know what happens when a case is sized and there is no one on this forum that has enough shop skills or investigative skills to determine if it is possible to move the shoulder back with a sizing die. Again: I can not move the shoulder on a case back with a die that has case body support.

I disagree with you, that is a luxury I afford myself. Tying to sell a reloader something he does not need is OK. There are ways to measure the diameter of a case that does not involve purchasing your favorite tool. Starting over, you say this tool is a flop tool, after using it you do not know the diameter of the case; for years manufacturers of 'other tools' referred to the Wilson Case Gage as a 'drop in tool'. Then went on to describe their digital type head space gages as a head gage and reloaders did not know the difference between a comparator and a head space gage.. Case gages are not head space gages because the case does not have head space and the Wilson case gage is a datum based gage (back to the part about the 4 shoppers at the dealer's table).

A reloader with basic shop skills can measure the diameter of the case body with a Wilson case gage; problem, reloaders are impressionable and can be intimidated. The Wilson case gage is not a drop in gage, it never was. The Hornady tool is not a head space gage, it is a comparator.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 12-17-2016 at 08:03. Reason: add a wn

6. Default

F.Guffey

Below is my Colt 5.56 field gauge 1.4736

Below is my "calibrated" Hornady cartidge case headspace gauge reading my field gauge. (1,4735) it only reads to the nearest .0005

Below is my Hornady cartridge case headspace gauge reading a fired case from my AR15 carbine and reading the chamber headspace minus brass spring back.

I'm not going to argue semantics with someone who never answers any posters questions and just pats himself on the back in forums.

And you are the same person who thinks he is the only one in the world of over 7 billion people that knows how to resize a cartridge case. Unfreakinbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Ed, if you do not know just say you do not know. This is a reloading forum, I can not believe reloaders do not know what happens when the case is sized.

F. Guffey

P.S. They sent me a PM from Accurateshooter.com and asked me to keep you tied up here in this forum so you wont screw up their forum.
    Last edited by bigedp51; 12-17-2016 at 09:53.