Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default M1 Garand Rebuilders?

It's been several years since I've visited the site and it's getting about time for me to get back into things.
    I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but my searches on the site did not bring back much info so I'll ask again.

I have a Garand receiver and parts kit I'd like to have rebuilt into a functioning rifle and am looking for suggestions on whom to send it to. When I was still on the site it looked like Dean's Gun Resotration was the place to send it to, but I've since read that Dean has passed and was wondering about the quality of the work they are now doing.
    Other options appear to be Orion 7.

Just looking for suggestions on them or anyone else to consider. Not looking for a Match grade rifle, just looking for a nice shooting rifle with new wood, barrel and have the old parts reparkerized to match.

if you want the best-my gun plumber

http://westtexordnance.com/contact-us/

A lot of folks overlook us because we have an excellent reputation for work on M14 rifles, but Shooters Den has always worked on Garands and offered complete accurizing services too. We are one of few shops that maintain and use a complete inventory of original GI gages and tools for US service rifles.

If you're in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana area, Tim Shufflin at Shuff's Parkerizing is the way to go. Tim does absolutely excellent work and is reasonable in price!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Dean's wife, of DGR, still runs the business and has kept all past employees. I have to assume their quality work is still great.

6. Default

You can also check out CMP's custom shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Dean's wife, of DGR, still runs the business and has kept all past employees. I have to assume their quality work is still great.
    Dean and his wife have passed away but you can call Michelle at DGR.

8. Default

DGR (2).jpg Hey Bucksnort101, if I downloaded this pix ok, this is a rack grade M1 I picked up years ago at Camp Perry that DGR built for me about a year ago! New wood , barrel , some metal and a refinish. Very happy!

9. Default

IMG_0922.jpgphoto (2).jpgHere's a couple more....

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
    A lot of folks overlook us because we have an excellent reputation for work on M14 rifles, but Shooters Den has always worked on Garands and offered complete accurizing services too. We are one of few shops that maintain and use a complete inventory of original GI gages and tools for US service rifles.

i can attest to Ted's work! he's built 2 M14 types for me and went WAY BEYOND "the call of duty" in getting the Entreprise Arms receiver built. it was a real POS but he managed to get it taken care of and it functioned like a charm...