Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 year old 1911...Need a little advice.....

May want to take a look on the various gun auction sites for pistols like yours and what they are "selling" for. Possibly Google "WW1 1911 pistol" then click on imagines, these usually lead to ended auctions which will reveal what the high bid was. My guess is that a more realistic selling price for your pistol would be $1,500 tops. Take into consider the finish isn't original, the grips aren't original, barrel......who knows. Just my .02$

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The pistol has been refinished in phosphate, and probably at Augusta Arsenal ( AA ). The slide appears to be from a 1916 vintage pistol, and the rear sight is not the round top variety.

What are the 1916 clues? Aren't 1916's rare?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    What are the 1916 clues? Aren't 1916's rare?
    Right side slide marking is higher on the 1916 date Model 1911, and while the 1916's are scarce that doesn't help on a 1914 date receiver.

Aligater Guest

Thanks John...that's all I wanted to know.