1. Default WTB: Repro "Maple Leaf" decal for Inglis Hi-Power

Hello to all. I've come across a really nice example of a Inglis WW2 fixed-sight Hi Power, and, like most, it's missing the multicolor "Maple Leaf" decal that was applied by the factory at the bottom of the front grip strap. What it is is a round, approx. 3/4" maple leaf surrounded by the word "Canada" in English, Chinese, and Russian; the colors are gold, blue, and red. These have, over the years, been repro'ed; there seem to have been two variations. The first were waterslide, traditional decals...just like in model kits. The second type were stickers.

What I'm looking for is the first, water-slide type.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks for digging through your box of miscellany...

Best, John

2. Default

I'll take on too!!
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

me too!

4. Default

I've never SEEN one of the decal repros, just heard that they do exist. I had one of the stickers once; put it on a pistol that I sold/traded years ago. The sticker wasn't really convincing at all; besides obviously being a plastic sticker the portions that were a metallic gold on the originals were yellow on the sticker. If I can't turn up one of the decals, I may look into having some made. The technology isn't that high anymore, and given a really good image of an original it may be very feasible...

Now, for the really good image!

5. Default

I believe there was a member here: www.canadiangunnutz.com/ that was making them at one point. You have to be a member to search or post.

I had seen them for sale in the last 2-3 years but I can't seem to turn up a good link. You might also search under "mutual aid decal" or similar.