Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks for the photos and the info. Great stuff.

2. Default

Rick gives a great tour. Thanks again for taking the time to show us around. Guess you showed a coworker and his family around. They have 8 or 10 kids.

Martin

The pleasure was all mine, Martin!! Stop by again!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

It would be nice if the OP, (usmc69), would come back, respond, and provide more information. Most of us are still curious about the "sub target Springfield" his friend saw in a shop.

Is it a 1903 Springfield Rifle altered for: sub-target Shooting Simulator or sub-caliber Artillery Practice??? (or none of the above)!

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
    It would be nice if the OP, (usmc69), would come back, respond, and provide more information. Most of us are still curious about the "sub target Springfield" his friend saw in a shop.

Is it a 1903 Springfield Rifle altered for: sub-target Shooting Simulator or sub-caliber Artillery Practice??? (or none of the above)!

I was asking a question for a friend. All the information that I provided was what he had provided me. He does not have pictures (beyond his capabilities). He was provided the info from here and has decided this thing is not his cup of tea. The shop is in Erie, PA. I think the Gander Mountain there. If anyone is close by and wants to look let me know and I will find out for sure.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Thanks for putting things in additional context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    The pleasure was all mine, Martin!! Stop by again!
    Rick, you have a rough life!

I've spent weeks in the past on Whidbey, mostly taking kids down to the soccer camp and one nieces wedding. It reminds me of the years spent on Biorka Island off Sitka, similar gun emplacements, guns long gone of course. I don't think all that many know of the effort that went into coastal defense on all the islands.

Kurt
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

Default 03 A2

I have an A2. The serial number is 1373913.
    There is an adapter sleeve on the barrel just ahead of the receiver ring. The barrel date is SA 2-42 so I surmise that it was rebuilt for regular issue there. It is not listed in the DCM sales records but I would not expect to find it there. There is a huge gap in that serial number range.

Nice! Have any pictures?
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Default 1903 A2 pics

Here is a picture of the receiver ring and sleeve on the barrel.spA2.jpg