Thread: 1903A4

1. Default 1903A4

Several months ago I threw a couple of bids in at an auction. I kinda forgot about the bids, but last Friday the auction house advised me that I had won both rifles.One was for a 1903A1 NM rifle. SRS was able to confirm that it had been sold by the DCM as an NM and even found the original sales ticket. Unfortunately, it appears the stock may not be original to the rifle.

The other rifle I bid on and won was an 03A4. Based on my experience with the NM rifle, I'm almost afraid to post pics of the 03A4.

Description advised:

A US MILITARY .30-06 CAL KEYSTONE 'M1903 A4' BOLT-MAGAZINE SNIPER RIFLE, serial no. 3420685, Built on the M1903 A3 rifle, 24in. barrel, no fore-sight, the muzzle with 'R.A.' over the ordnance bomb and '3-44', fore-part with bayonet lug and 'R' mark, receiver with 'US REMINGTON MODEL 03-A3' marking, the serial number rotated to the right side of the receiver ring (correct for the Sniper variant to remain visible with the scope mounted) and mounted with correct later Korean war era Lyman 'Alaskan' B-prefix serial numbered scope, no. B4851 with rubber eye-piece, Parkerized receiver and barrel, R marked low profile concave bolt, stock with bolt notch and various letter stamps 'W', 'N', 'U', and also with the 'K' stamp for 'Keystone', steel buttplate with square stamp chequering and trap, in tidy overall condition
    Last edited by Calfed; 08-08-2016 at 04:06.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Realty nice rifle!!

3. Default

Thanks, louis

4. Default

That is one fine rifle.

5. Default

Thanks, PD

The two rifles are at my FFL. I'm going by today and taking a few pics. Unfortunately there is a 10 day waiting period before guns can be picked up in cali.

6. Default

The 1903 NM and the 03A4 arrived at my FFL. Both rifles look pretty good, but I can't take them home for 10 days, due to California's infamous 10 -day "cooling off" period. I was able to grab a few pictures at my FFL's place of business before they went into the safe.

The stock is in pretty good shape, has a "K" in the mag cutoff cutout and a few miscellaneous letters stamped into the side of the stock.

The scope mount looks legit and the scope is a B-series Lyman. It has fine crosshairs and the optics are clear.

The barrel is in great shape and gauges just under a "1" on the CMP muzzle gauge. it looked like a 2 groove.

Better pictures in 10 days.