Thread: Lee Pro 1000 reloader

Default Lee Pro 1000 reloader

Can anyone tell me why the instructions for this reloader specify using only Winchester or CCI primers?
    Thank you

Says CCI or Remington and it's CYA BS. Federal brass is known for being softer than other brands, but a primer is a primer for the most part.
    Any primer can "explode with sufficient force". Even though primers do not explode.
    Kind of surprising Lee hasn't been sued by Vista Outdoor Inc. Maybe because Vista Outdoor Inc. owns CCI.
    http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/TR2441.pdf
    Spelling and grammar count!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

years ago when I bought my Dillon a guy at Dillon told me to use winchester primers as they were "more round" and would feed better.
    I have used CCI and Remingtons without troubles, but I have pretty much stayed with the winchester primer throughout.
    Only time I changed is when I could NOT buy them.

Blog Entries

It's because the 1000 is prone to primer magazine explosions and instead of improving their rube Goldberg press, they say use harder primers and purchase the optional blast sheild.

A friend has one and after hours and hours getting it to work right, he was afraid to touch it. I went home and kissed my dillon.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur