Default 303 british gernade launching blanks

I just purchased a gernade launcher for my No 1 Mk III Enfield rifle and would like to use it to launch tennis balls. does anyone have any experience loading gernade launching blanks? I'd like to know what type and how much powder you used and how you sealed the shell.

I would think that if you load them to the pressures associated with launching actual grenades... you'd launch a tennis ball into orbit! I would reduce the load as compared to an actual grenade load myself. I don't know about what powder... but the Brits used Cordite. As for sealing, I would think a cardboard plug and wax would do the trick.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Grenade 'blanks' used special powder that nobody can get. And the case mouths were star crimped.
    Like psteinmayer says, a tennis ball will go a very long way even with a regular training blank(that you probably can't get either.). You might get away with a light cast bullet load though. Cardboard and wax would do nicely with a bit of rounding on the case mouth like a .30-06 blank.
    You may want to read this first. http://www.starlinebrass.com/article...ng-Blank-Ammo/
    Spelling and grammar count!

Replied to your post on the Milsurp forum also but thought folks would enjoy reading it here too, Ray

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=25365
    Last edited by rayg; 03-15-2016 at 11:27.