Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SRS check on a Remington rand 1911a1

I just purchased this Remington rand 1911a1
    sn# 2425588
    Could someone please help and check to see if any is listed
    Thank you
    I don't know how I did it but I posted the wrong cell number the correct number is 2445050
    Last edited by tankerfrank; 01-19-2016 at 07:37.

That one was built in June of 1945, so not much time to gain any history. Quite a few in that range were sold through the NRA/DCM.

If it was a NRA/ Dcm pistol would Cmp have the record?
    Hey Johnny P was my pistol on the list or is it just the serial number they are close to it we're on that list?
    Last edited by tankerfrank; 01-06-2016 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerfrank View Post
    I just purchased this Remington rand 1911a1
    sn# 2425588
    Could someone please help and check to see if any is listed
    Thank you
    tankerfrank,

Could not find it in the SRS books.

Best Regards,

If it was a NRA/ Dcm pistol would Cmp have the record?
    Hey Johnny P was my pistol on the list or is it just the serial number they are close to it we're on that list?
    I don't know that the CMP would have the records, but if they did all it would show was when and who it was sold to during the time they were being sold.

My statement was just about several Remington Rands in that serial number range being sold by the NRA/DCM. A number of the late production Remington Rands sold were still in the original shipping boxes from 1945.

Ok thank you guys for help me on this. I will email CMP to see if they have record of it.

update first off I don't know how I did it but I put down the wrong serial number the correct serial number is 2445050.

Next I emailed CMP and was told that they did not get any records for the 1911.
    So next I emailed the NRA Museum record department and I was told that the records definitely exists but the Army does not want to give them up because of the sensitive information on there with the peoples names and addresses and stuff. So I guess that's all I got to say
    Last edited by tankerfrank; 01-19-2016 at 07:41.

update first off I don't know how I did it but I put down the wrong serial number the correct serial number is 2445050.
    This is one of the late Remington Rand NRA/DCM Sales pistols that was in the original shipping box. Only 48 numbers later than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    This is one of the late Remington Rand NRA/DCM Sales pistols that was in the original shipping box. Only 48 numbers later than yours.

That is so cool!! So I bet mine is from the NRA / DCM sales program

Hey johnny is that your pistol and if it is do you have the records for the NRA / DCM sales? That sure looks really nice I'm glad I was able to purchase my pistol especially after I just saw the video posted by Mark Johnson stating at the records from CMP will start off at $1,000 wow what a mistake. I understand the purpose of CMP is to make as much money as they can for the shooting programs but that's ridiculous for a grade and a thousand bucks who knows what you'll get you can get a piece of bone anchor for $1000. Si no CMP usually still stands by their products and you probably would get that bad of a pistol but still anyway I'll get off my soapbox.