Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am not trying to get into an argument over what is really only supposition. IMO a short channel stock could be correct for the op's Oct 41 rifle. You are entitled to your opinion. Over and out.
    Last edited by 2111; 10-30-2015 at 08:50.

Keep both stocks and alternate use. Keeping both stocks is a good investment!

Chuck

3. Default

The SA/GHS short channel has been living in my basement for the past 15 years waiting for this moment. There were times I was tempted to sell as the dollar values for wood escalated but I could never bring myself to part with it. I bought a rifle knowing I had a stock correct for the timeframe, but now I am agonizing over will it really be "correct". Just my luck the transition happens at the same time the rifle is being built...I do agree, the GHS is preferable to the RIA, even if I am stretching the date a little...
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

If that short channel doesn't work for you and you decide to sell it, send me a pm or email. I have a Mar. 1942 that it would work just fine on. Thanks, Joe

5. Default

I think I am going to go with the short channel GHS on the rifle, it matches, it looks good, and it is close enough for me. Thanks for all the comments.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service