Thread: M16/M4 bayonet

Default M16/M4 bayonet

I have looked at a M9 bayonet with a M10 scabbard. Was told it is the latest bayonet in service. Really a nice looking setup. Anyone know more about it?

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

If you are looking for a bayonet for the AR platform you should check out the USMC OKC3s. Its impressive. I have two of them.

You can get one here at a great price.
    http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com...ife-p/7424.htm

Gary Cunninghams review of the blade.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayo_points_28.htm
    Last edited by m1ashooter; 10-10-2015 at 10:57.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

4. Default

Hello Folks,
    I'd like to make a correction. The M9 bayonet does not fit into an M10 scabbard, even though wiki says it does. The scabbard shown in the wikipedia link is the correct scabbard, just not an M10. The M10 scabbard is a black plastic scabbard made for the M7 bayonet during the 80s. The M9 scabbard is part of the M9 bayonet system. The correct name for the bayonet is M9 (MPBS). The acronym MPBS stands for Multi Purpose Bayonet System. The scabbard is a part of that system. So, the scabbard is simply referred to as the "M9 scabbard". Thanks.
    Marv

Thank you Misfit. I am not familier with this latest bayonet, so thank you for the tip.

6. Default

The M9 bayonet is one of my favorites. The main complaint the troops have is that the bayonet and scabbard together are too heavy. It's almost indestructible and if a blade or handle is damaged, either part can be replaced by the soldier himself. The OKC3S, as mentioned above, is a very cool bayonet and is lighter by about 6 oz., however, the scabbard has an elastic retainer that is less than satisfactory. Often, you see the scabbards duck taped to hold it together. Both bayonets fit the M16/M4 platforms, however, with civilian ARs, if you don't have a long enough hand guard with the bayonet lug far enough forward, the blade will not extent far enough in front of the barrel and will just look silly. This is especially true with civilian M4s since they have 16 inch barrels instead of the 14 inch barrel as on the military M4. Both bayonets will also fit the Mossberg 590 shotgun, as you see in the photo which has an M9 attached.
    Marv
    Last edited by Misfit-45; 10-12-2015 at 09:39. Reason: too much information