Default No 4 scope mount

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good no-drill scope mount. A friend would like to try a scope on his No.4 Mk II but definitely doesn't want to make any permanent alterations. Any tips from "those who own one" would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

In the "those-who-own" category I used the Cad-Tech back when they were popular. Worked great on some but not others once I began moving it to other rifles. Minor drawbacks but easy to address.
    Of the S&K and ATI mounts etc..those I know who use/used them do not post here. All I have is an eye witness account to offer.

Armalon or S&K mounts are probably the best out there now. Armalon being the best but more costly. S&K runs a close second with an easier impact on the wallet.

B-Square and the ATI mounts are hit-or-miss. Depends upon the tolerances of the individual rifle and both will likely need some sort of modification to fit properly. I have never heard a great feedback. Even those who boasted in the beginning but were honest enough to follow up later had something negative to say. Mods include filing, shimming and/or replacement of factory parts with something more stout from the hardware store. They can be made to work but are not typically a "set-and-forget" propostition.
    Last edited by JB White; 09-13-2015 at 02:22.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Thanks JB. I passed that information along to my friend. Looking like at present S&K is probably the best balance between quality and value.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

S&K is easily the best in my humble opinion. I have had one on No.4 for over 40 years with a Weaver K 2.5 and it doesn't move. But I don't move I'd from one rifle to another.