Thread: SRS Check Info

1. Default SRS Check Info

Has there been any new SRS information published anywhere since the list was taken off line?

I have # 1094401 and am looking for info still?

Bob.

Blog Entries

No hit on 1094401. The closest number beneath it is 1094311 and the closest number above it is 1094416. Both are 1903 National Match Rifles.

To answer the question---no. They seem to be pretty much inactive and may not be doing any research any more. So any any info you get here is from old books. More may have been discovered since. You have to be a member to get info from SRS, for some time now.
    Last edited by dave; 09-14-2015 at 05:37.
    You can never go home again.

Blog Entries

SRS is still doing research and publishing the U. S. Martial Arms Collector magazine. I recently received the Sept. '15 edition.
    Mr. Gagner is doing research and obtaining additional information as he can. I think it is pretty much a one man operation.
    This year SRS provided me a copy of the sales record card on a 1903 NRA Sporter I bought.

I stand corrected, but the lists and info found is no longer public, correct? And you have to be a 'member' (subscribe) to get that info?
    The one letter I have (Krag carbine) was signed by a Charles Pate, dated 9-2005.
    Last edited by dave; 09-15-2015 at 08:10.
    You can never go home again.

Blog Entries

Yes, you have to be a subscriber to get the sales letter. There is no free lunch. Several of us who bought the books or disc when there were available
    will do free lookups as a favor to those of similar interest.

What do you actually get if you have a srs hit? I have a srs hit 1903 to the Marine Corps. But I've been told you do not get a copy of the original document the serial was recorded from. I've heard all you get is a generic letter saying it's just a hit. Has anyone ordered one lately?

8. Default

You get a cover letter and copies of any papers in the file that reference that serial number. I have one with several letters back and forth from a base commander to springfield arsenal from 1913.