Default ww1 mauser saw back bayo

Friend brought over about 50 bayonets for me to try to find out what they are. One has 9.75 blade, sawback, cutting edge is not sharpened, bone scales, hilt slight curl under knuckles, pommel looks like birds head with button as eye. Marked on blade E. B. E. Honer Weinheim. both sides.
    Looks like nickel plate, blade perfect, rest has rust coming through plate.
    what would be the value of this bayo?
    sorry can't do pics.
    thanks
    kurt

Does not sound like a bayo, but there were many kinds. Maybe something else, dress version of some thing for sure. Pictures will get you an answer from some one! On blade top at hilt is there a 2 number date? Does it have slot for attach to rifle?
    Last edited by dave; 06-21-2015 at 02:15.

the bayo is to me the very low 98 mauser style of mount, no marks on top, yes it is made to mount on a lug. no ring for the barrel mount.

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    the bayo is to me the very low 98 mauser style of mount, no marks on top, yes it is made to mount on a lug. no ring for the barrel mount.
    Sounds like a M 98 Dress Bayo Type 1. 15" overall, 10" blade, black checkered plastic grips held by 3 rivets. Birds head pommel, lower guard turn inward slightly. One in book is marked C.E with 2 squirrels back to back. Originally issued to machine gunners. Pocket Guide to Bayonets and misc. Edged Weapons. Vol. 1, Dan Ernst, pp.83.
    C.E. is Carl Eickhorn. Sorry for the delay but forgot all about it after my first answer.
    Last edited by dave; 08-23-2015 at 12:14.

thanks Dave, that has to be it, will tell my friend what he has.

Should be worth a few bucks. I have one very similar, in size, not a dress but a straight up issue style. It is quite rare. One on an auction site, asking 3-400. Don't know if sold but was offered by a guy who specializes in bayos.