Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake NS Bolt ?

Default Fake NS Bolt ?

Was someone drunk at SA one day or are we faking bolts now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=487433053

I would be more concerned about the rear sight! Bolt looks legit to me, try stamping those bolts by hand once. Be a wonder if you get an impression any where near that deep!

3. Default

I wonder what it took to fit the 1901 rear sight.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

Didn't notice the rear sight, I stopped at the NS over WL3 Bolt

I thought WL3 bolts were desirable in their own right. Shame.

I would think that double stamped bolt is probably a collectors item. But forget that rear sight I'm sure they screwed up the collar modifying it to fit that 1901

The rifle appears to be a Bannerman rifle assembled from scrap parts. The "N S" marking probably originated with Bannerman, who marked the bolt to make the rifle more saleable.

J.B.

Rifle appears to be in terrible condition. Also looks like they are covering a good many sins with a coat of oil or linseed oil rubbed over the entire exterior. Always a sure sign of a relic or a beater. Does the line in the stock indicate a repair of some kind or am I seeing things. The receiver is also rough with all the pitting. Not the finest example.

That's pretty rough for $950.00. Stock is rough and i wonder what's under the wood. Looke like stock is made of 2 parts kind of like the russians did on Mosins.

10. Default

John Beard nailed this one me thinks. Put together when parts were plentiful and money was scarce. A budget conscious shooter just wanted something to jack a deer now and than.