Thread: [WTB] M1A1 carbine stock parts

1. Default [WTB] M1A1 carbine stock parts

Hi all,

I recently found original woodwork for an M1A1 carbine. It's missing virtually all the metalwork, so I am on the lookout for any metal parts for the folding stock.

Drop me a line at peacemillion 'at' hotmail.com

Thanks,

Stijn

The ONLY place I know of that has some of the metal for an M1A1 is a guy in France. Look on Ebay under carbine parts. He is the only one from France selling carbine parts on Ebay. Good luck.

3. Default

Hi Tuna,

thanks. I already contacted the ebay seller, but still waiting to hear back from him. I'm also trying Sarco & Numrich. Other suggestions would be helpfull. The woodwork I found is in used but decent condition, it is a high wood and had the recoil plate and screw still attached. all the rest is gone.. But since it's a high wood, I figured it is worth the time, effort and money to make it whole again.

Regards,
    Stijn
    Last edited by Peace; 06-23-2015 at 01:29.

Northridge International has some M1A1 stock parts.

5. Default

Hi Ted,
    hi all,

I contacted all the major sellers about availability on parts, but have not heard back from any of them. I was however able to source all the parts I need. I allready have them at home. The only things I am still looking for are a correct buttplate (I have one, but it is incorrectly marked), a correct Inland charging handle, and Inland handguard with 2 rivets. Also the correct rivets are also still on the list. I have a highwood stock, but I'm confused about what type of rivets I need, steel or copper...

Regards,
    Stijn

Both steel and brass rivets were used on the M1A1. The correct slide and hand guard will depend on your serial number. If your serial number is too high then the high wood stock would be incorrect. Hopefully you have original USGI parts and none from reproductions. Once you know what to look for it becomes easy to tell original from repos. The dealer in France does have butt plates.