Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tinydata View Post
    Its hard to imagine that quality like that was once standard-issue for infantry. These pictures are much appreciated as a reference (and eye candy to drool over!)
    I'm glad that you like the detail of the photo's Tiny. That is exactly what I'm trying to show. Detail of the wood grain, edges, stampings, color and texture of finishes and wood, etc.
    I'm having good luck with the iPad because it has a great camera in it. Wow, my grandpa would've loved to see the latest development in cameras.
    I like how the rifles were coming off of the assembly line way back when... The quality of any of these WWI era rifles is great of course but the Pre WWI rifles were really nice. Rick Slater and Steve Norton and others have wonderful examples of that type. I don't, but Do wish to have just one such example. Just one more rifle... That's all, Honest Injun! I really mean it this time. That'll be six 1903's and THAT will be enough for me.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-05-2015 at 03:31.

SWEET!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

tinydata, I've attempted to send you a private message several times but cannot tell if it ever went out. Did you get it?

Thanks, Fred

4. Default

No, I didn't receive anything. I'll send a follow up

Edit: It's saying your PM box is full
    Last edited by tinydata; 06-05-2015 at 06:43.

Great Pics! Lighting was excellent, and the subject wonderful.

Thanks MoMallard. I appreciate the feedback.

Speaking of lighting, this is still one of my favorite shots - a Red Star Remington M1903. Not mine, but I wish it was!!

Picture 347.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 06-09-2015 at 05:56.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

My, my. My-T-Fine. That goes for everybody's pictured in this photo thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Speaking of lighting, this is still one of my favorite shots - a Red Star Remington M1903. Not mine, but I wish it was!!

Fantastic rifle and photo Rick! Id be tempted to remove the red paint after documenting it with photo's. But then, just having Five 03's, I'm not a real collector so much as I am an admirer of the model.

I don't know if you're "tongue in cheek" with that last comment, Fred, but the "red paint" is very much a part of the rifle's history. These Red Star rifles came in grease and hay and there is a lot of disagreement as to whether to remove that. I did, but documented what my Red Star rifle looked like "before".
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis