Thread: Trapdoors in pictures…...

Default Trapdoors in pictures…...

……..these guys have some serious bedrolls.IDed as 1st California Infantry circa 1898-1900-

11218783_1000543169957379_678288853444092972_n.jpg
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

The "Corbusier" in the photo is likely Frank Corbusier son of Fanny Dunbar Corbusier and William Corbusier who was an Army Surgeon and served among other places in Arizona in the 1880's during the Apache hostilities
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

What an interesting time that was. Not that I don't appreciate modern times, but I would also love to be able to time travel and visit these eras as they were happening!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

4. Default

They will soon leave those pack behind and wear blanket rolls. Looks like they have M1884s, they are carrying socket bayonets.

Cute puppy.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

scouts1900.jpg Question about the rifles in picture, Can anyone tell what they are? I'm guessing trapdoor carbine's with the metcalf attachment on side of them. They are Apache Scots holding the rifles.

Krag carbines.

They are Model 1896 Krag carbines in .30-40 - so photo was taken at some time later than 1897 - not "trapdoors" at all.

FWIW, the 1000 Metcalfe devices made in 1876 were not (aside from 2-3 test pieces) ever used on carbines.

Default Dogs of War?

I could not help myself!

dogs of war.jpg

LOL Chuck
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo