Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

have you checked to see that the gas cyl is lined up with the gas port, this has to be some what an easy fix, just have to find it.

Do the tilt test with the barrel/receiver group in the stock, that will indicate if stock rubbing is causing the problem.

Does the ammo work in another M1?
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Will do the tilt test with the stock mounted. Ammo is LC 63

Jim Wright
    (Gunner312)

checking to see but I believe it lines up good.

Jim Wright
    (Gunner312)

I have a new Criterion barrel. Donated by a friend. The first barrel that was given me was a good one, (ME3/TE5) but this one should/will group better. (If I can cure the short-cycling) The Ammo is LC63 for testing (but the darn thing needs to clean up and shoot soon, I'm down to my last six bandoleers). My Grandson will be using re-loads for a steady fodder (I will be teaching him how to re-load ammo this summer for it). The oprod is clear to the end and I cleaned it out with a brush/oil/hoppe's and greased the oprod spring with fresh lubriplate.
    Last edited by gunner312; 05-19-2015 at 01:18.

Checking Kuhnhausen, gas ports for 30-06 barrels according to specs: .0790"+.0015". Ports should be no larger than .0810".
    a #47 (.0785") drill shank can be used as a cleanout tool. A #46 (.0810") drill shank can be used as a max gauge.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Appears that the gas port is small. .077-, so I'll take it out to .079, reamer ordered today. (also a .080+ reamer)

thanks for all the help & advise.

Jim Wright
    (Gunner312)

ME of three isn't all that great. .308 barrels get the gas port reamed out to .093- Don't worry about the gas cylinder lining up with the gas port...it does.
    The tit test just fine tunes the rifles for match shooting...it won't stop an oprod from cycling unless there's part of a limb in the way.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Just an Idea, but have you checked the alignment to make sure the opening in the barrel and gas cylinder are even so the gas cylinder is not restricting the gas flow?
    just a thought.-hope this helps --RIPCORD2