Thread: 43-44 Colt value ???

Default 43-44 Colt value ???

I examined a 43-44 era Colt for a customer and he asked me what it might be worth. The condition was about 80% original blue finish. Looked original as manufactured to me. I guessed in the 1500-2000 range. Was I far off ???

Thanks,

Emri

2. Default

An original Colt from '43 or '44 would not have had a blued finish. If the gun is in fact blued, it has been refinished, and not worth your estimate. Probably closer to the $800 to $1200 (-ish) range. The gun might be in the range where it would have had a slide numbered to the frame under the firing pin stop plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
    An original Colt from '43 or '44 would not have had a blued finish. If the gun is in fact blued, it has been refinished, and not worth your estimate. Probably closer to the $800 to $1200 (-ish) range. The gun might be in the range where it would have had a slide numbered to the frame under the firing pin stop plate.
    Thanks Rob,

I looked at the pistol again today and it IS parkerized. The finish is real dark due to dirt and age. The lights I first looked at it under made it seem a dull blue. It does not have the rough texture one would associate with "sand blasting". I took the slide off and looked at the markings inside, top of frame, and on the barrel. Everything is as Clausen says it should be for a late 43 or early 44 pistol.

I should have stated the SN.... It is 1146485. No serial number under the FP stop.

Thanks again,

Emri

I bought a 43 last oct. with serial # under plate , was cheap, should be dark parked and 2500-3000. Later ones w/o serial under plate, 2000-2500. All Day Long!