Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
It took a while since the move to Portland, but I was out of 45-70 and finally had to set up. I rummaged around and found most of what I needed except for case lube. Crap! Portland is not exactly rife with gun shops ... I was thinking of going to Cabelas, but it"s a 2-hour round trip. Tried to think what I had around the house that would work ...olive oil? ... WD40? ... naah. Then I remembered the KY sex lube. They call it Silk-E. It is water soluble and non-toxic.

I used it to decap and size all my brass, no problems whatever. I quick rinse under warm water and it was gone, then 15 minutes in the oven at 225 and they were ready to prime. It was way easier to deal with than the RCBS stuff I usually use. The stuff worked pretty well with 45-70 brass. Should be fine for pistol brass and straight-case BP rounds. I think I'll give it a shot with heavier shells, like 30-40 and 7 mag. See if it works.

jn
Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
Crisco! Man that stuff is a heart attack looking for a place to hit. I liked the comment about my shells going blind ... might try Pam, though.

jn
Be careful, hair will grow on your fingertips..........