Default Looking for someone with I-frame S&W...

manufactured in the 56-60 time period, need to get a dimensioned drawing of the cylinder lug retaining screw from the right-side frame ahead of the trigger.

Possible new SIL, has a need for replacement sscrew and according to S&W that time period used common screw of the J-frames, as the I-frame was being phased out.

Also, ID the thread as the tapped hole in frame may need to be chased.

Thanks.

Well, found out that the screw thread from current J-frame is a 5-44.

Now to get a tap and die for modifying a filster head screw.

Why not just order s new screw ?? It is called "sideplate screw, round". Remove the cylinder/yoke before running a tap to clean up threads.. The new screw will probably need to be fitted. It is a dogpoint screw and usually the point needs fitting when it contacts the crane.

HTH,

Emri

There are two screw types, due to the phase out of the I frame in the 56-60 time period, when the J-frame was swapped for the I-frame. I think there's a early screw with a small diameter head compared to the current large head screw.

I think there's a early screw with a small diameter head compared to the current large head screw.
    If that is the case, just spin the screw in a drill motor and use a file to make the head dia. smaller.