Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I think you're on a roll, Jeff. You've got a good eye and a soft touch, especially your "reforming" operation on the trigger guard! 2nd on the rear bushing, get one of those before you shoot it. I think I looked at my rifle for two hours before I put tool to wood, mine is a Boyds CMP stock and I think they're all different. It kills me that the aftermarket can't get these stocks right. You'd think with computer controlled milling machines they'd all be the same.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    I'll also investigate a rear stock bushing.
    PM me if you need one. I should have a couple of extras and I'll send you one for nothing if I can find them.

Blog Entries

Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Thanks for the replies. It did take a lot longer that I expected, but I think it will be worthwhile when it's done. The hanging rounds were driving me nuts. I'd like to be able to use it in competition, but the hanging rounds would have been a disaster in rapid fire.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Blog Entries

Just a question, and perhaps an observation.

Did you retain a small gap between the receiver and the top of the trigger guard box when everything is installed AFTER you did the clearance? If not, than in time the conjoined assembly of trigger guard and receiver could move independent of the stock if there isn't sufficient wood to anchor between.

Too much gap, and the follower will hang....no gap, the action will never stay bedded. Those guys that built production rifles were very good at what they did...

I think it's a pretty snug fit at this point. The biggest issue before was a 1/16" gap, so with standard M2 ball ammo, rounds would hang up a lot in the gap.

CSP is what you make it.

To be continued in part 2

CSP is what you make it.

Very excellent work! Look forward to part 2. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."