Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Default

They changed their sales policies to get the rifles out before the politics got bad. Privatization dictated that they pack the endowment while they could.
    That's not fraud.
    They still run the matches.

PD
    Last edited by PeteDavis; 03-14-2015 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Go back and read what I said, pretty clear what I meant!!
    I did, and the only conclusion I can come to is that you do not understand the mission of the CMP.
    The mission of the Civilian Marksmanship Program is to Promote Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Training With an Emphasis on Youth. Our Vision is That Every Youth in America Has the Opportunity to Participate in Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Programs.
    The CMP could not generate enough money to fund all thier programs if they limited sales to one per customer. Thier present policy is not intended to put M1 Garands into civilian hands to be used to shoot. Thier youth training program teaches kids way to young and small to shoot a Garand. Thier policy is to sell these rifles to generate the funds necessary to teach these youths. Our CMP affiliated club has eight or nine Garands they bought from the DCM years ago. I don't think they have been out of the safe in the last ten years, but during that time our youth program has taught hundreds of kids gun safety and shooting skills using 22's. No fraud, just good business sense, and thier programs have been successful in accomplishing thier mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlucas0311 View Post
    As much as I would have liked to see tighter requirements on rifle and ammo sales, at least the majority have been disbursed to the public. We'd all have been crying if those requirements ended up getting thousands of Garands shredded by some A-hole politician who managed to halt sales. Do I dislike the clowns who buy purely to profit, yes. but at least the rifles are out of the governments reach for the most part.
    And it took a "grunt" to get it right. Semper Fi 0311