Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

It's staying in the parts box. Thanks guys.

These parts are certainly not necessary for everyone, but can sure save the old nose. They will also keep you from wrecking a good prone score. It appears that Darreld has had that pleasure.

Blog Entries

Word to the wise. I found a headless cocking piece and thought I'd halve my group size.

I assembled it and dreamt of ultra fast lock time, but when I squeezed off the shot, I had a click! I'd bought a 1922 cocking piece and they are too short to work in a 1903
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

I have a reverse safety on one of my rifles. It is functioning. Its in a WL3 bolt, 1.3 mil SN, has CMP papers from 2002 but Im assuming the bolt was set up by a previous owner.

If I can find a headless cocking peice will it function just by replacing the standard one? Would be nice to make this a step more match specific.

Default better photos

Here are some better photos of my reversed safety and headless cocking piece, these parts were in a NS bolt
    that came with 1373022 which has a SA 7-29 star gaged barrelAttachment 30190Attachment 30191