Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You don't see too many of these.

Default You don't see too many of these.

I haven't personally seen one of these in the flesh, books, pictures etc, yes, but in person not until now. It's quite impressive I'll say that. This one is in a local gun shop and has been for sale for some time although it's tucked away and I never noticed it. I'm thinking Fred should jump on it! 1903 T 2 IMG_0187.jpg1903 T IMG_0186.jpg

Kurt
    Last edited by Kurt; 02-26-2015 at 01:05.
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

Nice!
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Gosh, I don't know what I'd do with it since I don't shoot any more. I'll bet a widow brought it in. A lot of high end collectible guns are showing up lately. Probably how my stuff will end up.

Much too high for me but I'd sure like to have it.

Yes, a whole lot of mullah for sure. You'd have to take the shelf out of the safe to get that long boy in there too. I don't think there were very many of those made, somewhere around a 100 or so. Kind of hard to find a price comparison as they just don't show up. I think I found one back a few years that sold for around $7500.
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

6. Default

The number 100 sounds about correct but I am unable to confirm it. . They were made with both a 28" and a 30 " barrel. The 28" barrels sold out first and in the DCM page it was indicated that no more "T'S" would be manufactured until all the 30 " barreled rifles were sold. The Armory also sold "T" barreled actions for $41.25, and barrels for $36.40.FWIW
    The were originally offer for sale in the February 1931 AR @ $85.00. In February of 1931 the DCM Notice in the AR indicated that there were still fifty-eight of the 30" T's available.
    According to Roy Dunlap, when the 300 H&H became popular, many owners converted them to 300 H&H>
    FWIW

Cosine, You are correct as per Brophy's section on the Model T. Also according to him, there were approximately 20 of the 26" barreled rifles made. A couple other things of note, again quoting Brophy, the front sight band was from a modified BAR and the upper band was made from a cut and re-welded model 1917 lower band. The stock was a model 1922 hogged out for the larger barrel and stock bolts added. These were targeted at 200 meters and averaged 10 shot groups of 2 1/4 inches. Many had headless cocking pieces but not all.

Your info is very accurate!

Kurt

real deal, is on my list as a T
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

9. Default

Well, the way I look at it is someone could probably make a "Quick Buck" by haggling down the shop owner to say $13,000.00 or $14,000.00 and buying the gun. Then putting it up for sale at Rock Island Auctions or a similar auction house. No telling what it would bring at auction. Also, before I would buy it from the shop, I would make darned sure that the rifle was correct and in the "correct serial number range" so I was confident I was buying an authentic piece and not a fake.

Is that the one at Great Northern Guns in Anchorage? If so, he came down about $4K from when I first saw it 2 years ago.