Default Hard trigger pull

I just bought a 1927 Argentine Sist Colt 1911. I only paid $440 for it due to the finish wear and because the barrel has been replaced with a Colt barrel. I could have bought a new RIA for this amount but wanted a knock around pistol to keep under the seat of my car and figured a new gun would end up being stored and not used. Anyway, question: It has a stiff trigger pull. Before I replace the hammer, sear and perhaps the trigger have any of you run across this and could shortcut me as to what the actual problem is?

Not a shortcut but you should try a complete dismantle and cleaning and lube job. I have two and the first thing I did was take them completly apart and clean them. The trigger pulls are like my other 1911a1, nice and smooth.

3. Default

+1 on a complete strip and full clean and lube... Then assess if anything needs to be done.

Be sure to clean out the slots that the trigger bow rides in and polish the outside of the trigger bow.

And adding to what joem wrote, when the trigger bow is fitted properly in the clean slots for the frame, the trigger should fall free of the frame using just it's own weight when the frame is pointed up. After that, lightly oil and you are good to go.
    Chris