Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default CMP North Store Discussion Thread

Discussion of lack of inventory at North Store was Shut Down By Big Red Moderator. In the interest of free expression I open this thread

I have no complaints at all. Fortunately my visits to the North Store only happen when the action is on at Camp Perry. I always seem to find something that needs to follow me home. I think they do a great job. It ain't the 90's anymore.

Semper Fi
    Art

3. Default

I find this quite simple really, if I frequently visit a store, any store, and they seldom or never have the goods I'm shopping for or I find the quality of the goods is un-acceptable then I soon stop visiting that store.
    If enough people stop visiting the store it soon go's out of business.
    If the market for these goods is sufficient another avenue for filling the demand (while making a profit) appears.
    When the total supply of said goods is depleted then a new supply must be obtained or soon all stores selling them will close.
    I fear we are entering this phase.
    Crispy.

So if they don't suppy NS its ok to shut it down?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashot View Post
    So if they don't suppy NS its ok to shut it down?
    Yes. It's a quite common practice in the business world.

I suspect it's almost a moot point. The sale of surplus rifles was intended to build an endowment for the CMP's programs. They've done that and now the supply of available rifles is running dry. I wouldn't be surprised to see both stores close within a year or two. I also suspect that 95+ percent of CMP customers couldn't care less as they never have, and never will have an opportunity to visit a CMP store.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

I have bought 3 service grade rifles from CMP when they were $400 and they even had Winchesters. Now, for me, the price even for a field grade is too high.

I visited the NS in july 09. Filled to the gills!!! Spent 3500.00 and left with 5 SG and 2 BRs. Shame to see them empty. Maybe the M4s, LOL

Let's here more. SS had collector, and winchesters recently

Blog Entries

The rifle sales are slowing down. The new OIC is a shooter, sounds like things are moving away from the collector. Good, bad? Expensive rifles helped subsidize the sales of service grades to thousands of shooters.

There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes that the public is not aware of, but expect the collector days coming out of the CMP to be done. Enjoy what you have, and be grateful you have them.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 01-29-2015 at 09:27.