Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I have a professionally restored revolver. I bought it in poor condition and it really was not safe to shoot. The problem it that is was one of the rarest revolvers made before WWII. I had one of the top names in the business do the work and bought a very nice set of French walnut grips with original escutcheons to match the gun. It is worth about what an original in 95-98% condition goes for on the market.

It is so close to new and 99% that the restorer stamps his initials under the grip along with the dates of the work so that it cannot be passed off as an "original" to unsuspecting buyers. It made a gun that was otherwise almost valueless and ready for the scrap heap into something that can once again be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegunman762x51 View Post
    I have a professionally restored revolver. I bought it in poor condition and it really was not safe to shoot. The problem it that is was one of the rarest revolvers made before WWII. I had one of the top names in the business do the work and bought a very nice set of French walnut grips with original escutcheons to match the gun. It is worth about what an original in 95-98% condition goes for on the market.

It is so close to new and 99% that the restorer stamps his initials under the grip along with the dates of the work so that it cannot be passed off as an "original" to unsuspecting buyers. It made a gun that was otherwise almost valueless and ready for the scrap heap into something that can once again be enjoyed.
    Very interesting. Sounds like a revolver I'd like to see. Can you post some pictures? I like the idea of the restorer marking his work.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers