Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It just depends on your interest, the space you have and your philosophy. My older brother passed away a couple of years back and had thousands of CDs on classical music in his apartment in New York. While I was fairly sure a few of them might have been fairly rare, I didn't have the time and money to spend an extensive time going through them and I had to let them go for probably not near what they were worth. I felt bad, but I was up against time and distance (I lived 3000 miles away).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

2. Default

I don't blame you for falling in love, that 1903 is a real beaut!
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

3. Default

Mr Beard: I have another NRA sales rifle for your list. #609548 is in nearly new condition, bbl dated 8-15, and is accompanied by the original SA star gauge card dated Oct 2 1915, signed by "Riley". It bears a M1907 RIA sling dated 1914 in almost new condition and was found in what is probably the original (decrepit) issue canvas and leather sleeve.

Pictures?

5. Default

Sadly, I've not mastered the ability to post pics. Id' love to show you guys this lovely rifle and a few others. Maybe that will inspire me to learn the skill.

No skill necessary. I send my pictures from my iphone camera to my email address.
    From there, I send them to My Pictures.
    I then go to my Photobucket album and download the pictures from My Pictures into my Photobucket.
    Then, I transfer the photo's from Photobucket to the forum here.

Others might have different ways to do it.

I move pics from my camera's data card to the folder hierarchy on my computer, then follow the upload procedure here. Or, for stuff that I want on the net permanently, I post them to my webpage - www.picturetrail.com/sa4570af

or... you can email the pictures to me and I'll post them:

rrsbls[at]msn.com (make usual substitution).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dokcop View Post
    Mr Beard: I have another NRA sales rifle for your list. #609548 is in nearly new condition, bbl dated 8-15, and is accompanied by the original SA star gauge card dated Oct 2 1915, signed by "Riley". It bears a M1907 RIA sling dated 1914 in almost new condition and was found in what is probably the original (decrepit) issue canvas and leather sleeve.
    Many thanks for taking the time to post the information on your rifle! I have captured it for my data base. I am pleased to inform you that your rifle is one of nine rifles in my data base all within a 100-rifle consecutive serial number block. So there's no question whatsoever about it's authenticity! Of course, with a star gauge record card, there's no question about it anyway!

I would be grateful to receive the rifle inspector's initials for my data base. Thanks again for taking the time to respond! And Happy Holidays!

J.B.
    Last edited by John Beard; 12-09-2014 at 08:01.

10. Default

Re # 609548. The rifle bears the JFC cartouche. Please advise if any other markings are of interest.

Regards and a safe Christmas to you all. Dokcop